- Your “Ugh – Just That?!” Tuesday Evening Open Thread – October 20, 2020
Kind of a short write-up today. I’m quite hung over. Yes, it was worth it, until the wife finds out I dropped $100 on the evening. Strangely, none of it on strippers; last time I was at one, one of my former students walked out on stage. I left until she was done.
- Eddie Lacy is going to the Seahawks. One-year; $5.5 million, with $3 million guaranteed no matter his weight.
- I’m not getting rid of my Rawls jersey just yet.
- Cordarrelle Patterson signed a two-year deal with the “Oakland” Raiders.
- The Vikings signed Datone Jones away from the Packers.
- Oh God – the Browns might make a play for Kirk Cousins.
- Ted Ginn is going to drop balls for the Saints, for three years…THREE YEARS?! $11 MILLION?!
I detest the play-in games; calling the the “First Four” doesn’t pretty them up much. They reek of desperation, and they don’t even get shown on a real network. I’m surprised truTV can afford to stop showing “Impractical Jokers”. I’d love to see the complaint letters from the old ladies who are forced to miss an episode of “Talk Show the Game Show”.
However, I will take the time to remind you about DFOs Bracket Challenge. Somehow, I ended up with Kentucky winning it all, and I’m too lazy or inept to figure out how to change it.
- Wild at Capitals – 7:00PM | Sportsnet
- Blackhawks at Canadiens – 7:30PM | NBCSN
- Pistons vs. Cavaliers – 7:00PM | TSN
- Play-in games:
- Mount St. Mary’s vs. New Orleans – 6:30PM | truTV
- Kansas State vs. Wake Forest – 9:00PM | truTV
- NIT: all over the ESPNs; highlights
- North Carolina (Greensboro) at Syracuse – 7:00PM | ESPN
- Indiana at Georgia Tech – 9:00PM | ESPN
- Play-in games:
I suppose the hockey is just for Canadians, although I’m not sure why TSN isn’t showing the basketball. MAKES NO SENSE!