Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your “Stupid Is As Stupid Does” Thursday Evening Open Thread – February 27, 2020
- Your “Not A Lot Going On” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – February 26, 2020
- Your “Sure, Okay” Tuesday Evening Open Thread – February 25, 2020
Hi all. After a welcome three-day holiday weekend away from the #content mines, I’m ready to return you to the cromulence of my banality. I golfed & drank on Saturday & saw Deadpool 2 & drank on Monday; in betwixt, I soberly crammed in family time with the extendeds. Thanks to everyone who both covered my arse & made me look bad while doing so.
- Well, the Eagles are scheduled to visit the White House on June 5th.
- That falls during team OTAs between June 4-7, so seems designed to induce maximum attendance as an organized team activity.
- The debate is on about how many players will attend.
- The NFL spring meetings start today:
- Per nfl.com, the NFL and the Players Coalition finalized a partnership Monday that dedicates close to $90 million for efforts and programs combating social inequality.
- Expect the owners to want something back for their expression of generosity & solidarity.
- From the “aww fuck, he’s coming back, isn’t he?” file, Richie Incognito has been removed from the “reserve/retired” list by the Bills.
- He wants to try playing somewhere else, so he asked them to change his status.
- He remains under investigation for an alleged racial slur during the Bills-Jags playoff game.
Finally, Laura Wagner at Deadspin took a run at PFT Commenter today. The story itself is quite a fair read, if also familiar ground. She raises the issue of how can he remain anonymous while profiting off that same privilege, and why do outlets afford him the ability to be hands-off from an otherwise seedy organization like Barstool. Naturally, most critical comments never made it out of the grays – even ones that may have deserved to.
Her twitter, however,
— Deadspin (@Deadspin) May 22, 2018
went in the usual direction mouth breathers feel they need to go in when someone DARES upset their apple cart.
at the behest of fine, upstanding members of the internet.
So, just another day in the online paradise, which is why the tag is so appropriate. Feel free to go look for yourself, but I’m not responsible for the bleach your eyes will need.
- no game scheduled. Stupid fucking Jets.
- Memorial Cup:
- Acadie-Bathurst vs. Hamilton – 10:00PM | Sportsnet
- Rockets at Warriors – 9:00PM | TNT / TSN
- Indians at Cubs – 7:00PM | ESPN / TSN2
- Angels at Blue Jays – 7:00PM | Sportsnet
- Rockies at Dodgers – 10:00PM | ESPN / TSN2
- Los Angeles FC vs. Borussia Dortmund – 10:00PM | FS1