Leaves have been falling here for a coupla months now. I’ve kept up with them, at least to a degree, up until now. But frankly it’s still been rather warm and I’ve come to dislike yardwork when I have to sweat to do it. This week it has turned considerably cooler outside and I’ve been catching up on my Autumn chores. Including blowing the leaves out and getting rid of them.
It’s a double edged sword. When I blow the leaves I usually have my earbuds in listening to music, and am just trying to get the job done. But it does give me time to think. Time for introspection, as it were.
Then, a day or so later, my arms are sore as hell. That sucks. But it is what it is. That leaf blower is heavy.
With the cold weather finally kicking in this week, to me this is really the first of Autumn. Even got the fire going in the fireplace a coupla days ago. I even managed to remember to open the damper and avoid smoking up the house.
Nice and cozy.
Sports To Fall For 2Nite
- Boston @ Detroit – 7:30pmEST – TV: NHLN
- Cleveland @ Washington – 7:00pmEST – TV: ESPN
- Miami @ LAL – 10:30pmEST – TV: NBATV
- Central Florida @ Tulsa – 7:00pmEST – TV: ESPN2
- Washington @ Oregon State – 10:30pmEST – TV: FS1
- Davidson @ (24)Auburn – 6:00pmEST – TV: CBSSN
- Illinois-Chi**** @ (14)Memphis – 7:00pmEST – TV: ESPNU
- ColorAdo State @ (4)Duke – 7:00pmEST – TV: ACCN
- Eastern Kentucky @ (2)Kentucky – 7:00pmEST – TV SECN
- East Carolina @ Navy – 8:30pmEST – TV: CBSSN
- UNC-Greensboro @ (3)Kansas – 9:00pmEST – TV: ESPNU
- Mississippi Valley State @ Utah – 9:00pmEST – TV: PAC12N
- SIU-Edwardsville @ Iowa – 9:00pmEST – TV: B1GN
- (16)Baylor @ Washington – 9:30pmEST – TV: ESPN
- Arizona State @ ColorAdo – 10:30pmEST – TV: ESPN2
- Ohio State @ Notre Dame – 8:00pmEST – TV: NBCSN
Willing To Rake Her Yard
Ah yes. A nice cozy walk in the woods. Maybe a slight chill in the air. Come back home and brew some coffee or cocoa. Then cuddle up close together in front of the fire and put on some nice soft music…
Now that’s a mood maker right there.
Have a nice weekend everyone.