Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your “Hotheads Hotheading” Thursday Evening Open Thread – January 23, 2020
- Your “Take It Where You Can” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – January 22, 2020
- Your “Mess With The Bull, You Get The Horns” Tuesday Evening Open Thread – January 21, 2020
- The Browns have officially hired (now) former Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski as their new head coach.
- It’s a five-year deal, terms undisclosed.
- It’s worth noting that he’s the fifth head coach since Jimmy Haslam bought the team in 2012.
- But they are no longer paying Hue Jackson, so they only owe money to Freddie Kitchens.
- On the heels of that hiring, the Fritz Pollard Alliance has some choice words for this year’s hiring cycle.
- They condemned the league’s “abysmal record of hiring people of color in high ranking levels of NFL management”, which they feel “is the result of a ‘flawed system’ that must be changed”.
- Further to their point, the 2019 NFL racial and gender report card, issued by the University of Central Florida, said that NFL minority hiring is at its worst in the past 15 years.
- 70.1% of NFL players are minorities.
- Only three of the past 20 coaching hires were minorities, and there are currently four black head coaches in the league.
- There is only one black general manager and no black team presidents.
- PFT wants you to know that this is the first AFC Conference weekend in 17 years without Ben, Peyton or Tommy.
- AND THEY WON’T STAND FOR IT!
Finally, a Twitter round-up:
- File this under “Sure…okay”:
The opportunity to kick in the XFL has presented itself, i must tryout Monday in Houston, I’m excited as hell & I’m sure all will go well 🙏🏿
— Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) January 14, 2020
- The Stone Cold seal of approval, with support from the #UpForWhatever crowd:
Somebody give me a hell yeah!
— Bud Light (@budlight) January 12, 2020
- Wild at Penguins – 7:00PM | NBCSN
- Bruins at Blue Jackets – 7:00PM | Sportsnet
- Jazz at Nets – 7:30PM | TSN
- Knicks at Bucks – 8:00PM | Sportsnet1
- Mavericks at Warriors – 10:30PM | TSN / NBATV
- Cavs at Clips – 10:30PM | Sportsnet1
- NCAA: (hoops unless noted)
- Nebraska at Ohio State – 6:30PM | FS1
- Duke at Clemson – 7:00PM | ESPN
- Mississippi at Florida – 7:00PM | ESPN2
- DePaul at Villanova – 8:30PM | FS1
- Kansas at Oklahoma – 9:00PM | ESPN
- Maryland at Wisconsin – 9:00PM | ESPN2
- TCU at West By-God Virginia – 9:00PM | ESPNU
- Jeopardy GOAT Tournament – 8:00PM | ABC
- Reminder: It’s Jennings 2, Holzhauer 1, Rutter 0
- Democratic Debate – 9:00PM ET | CNN
- smart not to go up against Jeopardy; they want people to watch.
- I think we’ve reached the point in the cycle where we’re hoping the hatred finally comes out.
- I expect Sanders to call Warren a hateful shrew, Warren to call Sanders a self-hating Jew, and Joe Biden to stand there guffawing his way to the nomination.
I want to thank Seamus for writing up the National Championship game for last night’s Open Thread. I didn’t have a dog in the fight, so didn’t feel I could prep something up. Sometimes one has to stay in the appropriate lane.