Latest posts by theeWeeBabySeamus (see all)
- The King is Dead, Long Live the King – February 26, 2020
- AFLW Beat – 2020 Round Three – February 24, 2020
- Your “Dark Necessities” Friday Evening Open Thread – February 21, 2020
I originally had a very different idea to write about foar tonight. Maybe you’ll get that one next week sometime. Assuming I’m not in jail or in the hospital. Or worst case scenario, the morgue.
So my desktop computer died last night. No worries there. It’s not as if I hadn’t run that poor mass of metal and wires and whatnot into the ground for the past four years. It owed me nothing but eventually it had to go away.
But in order to get tonight’s open thread done I had to whip out the laptop
Now I hadn’t used the laptop since August of 2019 on my last road trip. So of course it had to update everything and didn’t even give me the option to tell it not to do so. Meh, what can I do?
It finishes all of its automatic updates and I go to sit to get ready to start writing. DFO won’t let me login.
So I go in and change my password. In fact I changed all of my passwords while I was at it. Takes about ten minutes, no big deal. And now I am READY TO WRITE.
Then Mom comes into the office carrying a bunch of boxes. For whatever reason she decided to go and get all of the gifts, Christmas or otherwise, which my niece asked for over the past two years, but never bothered to open. And she wanted my opinion on all of them. Individually. As to which other kids in the family might get some use out of them.
I think (silently)…. Mom I frankly don’t give a fuck. But I play along, what choice do I have?
This goes on for about thirty minutes. No shit.
So we get through that and I think I’m out of the woods. Yeah, suuuuuure I am. She comes back about five minutes later with more shit.
Mom: Would you wear this? tWBS: No way in hell.
Mom: Do you have any use for this zip drive? tWBS: It’s at least fifteen years old Mom and they sucked even when they were new.
Mom: Well I don’t know as much about these things as you do. tWBS: Mom, if we have had no use for it in over five years it’s outdated. Put it in a box and we’ll toss it.
Mom: Well I don’t want to waste it if…. tWBS: Mom it’s junk now.
Mom: Well OK. Fine.
And she leaves the office and goes back downstairs. So now I feel badly. I go downstairs to apologize. We hug it out. And then I come back upstairs to write. I close the office door and lock it.
So far so good.
To be clear, I love my mother. But sometimes her timing is not the best.
And yes, in one form or another I’ll pay for it later.
Sports To Make You Want To Go Away
- Milwaukee @ Indiana – 7:30pmEST – TV: ESPN
- LAL @ Denver – 10:00pmEST – TV: ESPN
- Montreal @ Boston – 7:30pmEST – TV: NBCSN
- Calgary @ Los Angeles – 10:00pmEST – TV: NBCSN
- (23)Creighton @ (10) Seton Hall – 6:30pmEST – TV: FS1
- South Carolina @ Georgia – 6:30pmEST – TV: SECN
- Xavier @ (19)Butler – 6:30pmEST – TV: CBSSN
- Alabama @ (11)Auburn – 7:00pmEST – TV: ESPN2
- George Mason @ VCU – 7:00pmEST – TV: ESPNU
- Rutgers @ tOSU – 7:00pmEST – TV: B1GN
- (18)Marquette @ (15)Villanova – 8:30pmEST – TV: FS1
- Florida @ aTm – 8:30pmEST – TV: SECN
- Providence @ St. John’s – 8:30pmEST – TV: CBSSN
- Iowa State @ Oklahoma – 9:00pmEST – TV: ESPN2
- Michigan @ Northwestern – 9:00pmEST – TV: B1GN
- (20)Houston @ South Florida – 9:00pmEST – TV: ESPNU
Author’s Note: I can’t help wonder who the programming genius is who managed to NOT get (3)KU @ (14)WVU on realsies TeeVee. He/She needs to (wait for it)…
If you wanna see that one you can stream it online, however. Watch ESPN, or whatever they’re calling it this week.
Time To Go Home
Please don’t YOU guys/gals ever go away.
In spite of the fact that we can’t escape our own personal situations at times, we can take solace in one another’s misery here. You know, laugh at one another’s personal Hells? We’re good like that.
Talk about that in the comments if you’d like. Or anything else you might fancy.
(Now I have to go order an new desktop computer….uggggghhhh)