I hate writing these. This week brought the sad news of the death of Jon Huber, known as Brodie Lee in AEW and Luke Harper in WWE. He passed on Saturday from a “non-COVID related lung issue.” He had been hospitalized since late October. The tributes piled up quickly on social media. Twitter hashtag, #RIPBrodieLee.
“In an industry filled with good people, Jon Huber was exceptionally respected and beloved in every way – a fierce and captivating talent, a thoughtful mentor and simply a very kind soul that starkly contradicted his persona as Mr. Brodie Lee,” AEW wrote in a tribute to Huber. WWE said Huber “found success in every stop of his sports-entertainment career, as his soft spoken yet imposing presence helped him create countless awe-inspiring moments in the ring.”
He was just getting his first real push as a singles wrestler. Most of his WWE career, he was used as part of the Wyatt Family or as part of a tag team with Erick Rowan. His AEW push began with his arrival as the “Exalted One” with the Dark Order. He won the TNT title from Cody in August of 2020. He defended it twice, dropping it in a dog collar match with Cody in early October. An absolutely classic match.
I now wonder if that short run was caused by his health issues. Tonight’s episode is titled “Brodie Lee Celebration of Life”.
- Brodie Jr.’s favorite wrestlers team for One Night Only: Cody Rhodes, Orange Cassidy & 10 v. Team Taz
- Young Bucks/Colt Cabana v. Matt Hardy/Private Party
- Hangman/Silver/Reynolds v. MJF/Santana/Ortiz
- Anna Jay/Tay Conti v. Dr. Britt Baker/Penelope Ford
- Lance Archer/Uno/Stu v. Kingston/Butcher/Blade
Brain Damage Sports:
- AEW Dynamite – 9:00pm, TNT
- WWE NXT – 9:00pm, USA
- Arkansas at Auburn – 5:00pm, ESPN2
- Murray State at Belmont – 5:00pm, ESPNU
- Seton Hall at Xavier – 5:00pm, FS1
- Florida at Vanderbilt – 7:00pm, ESPN2
Who is Murray and why is he playing basketball against horses?
Let the beatings commence.