Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your “How Did I Get Here?” Thursday Evening Open Thread – February 13, 2020
- Your “Hotheads Hotheading” Thursday Evening Open Thread – January 23, 2020
- Your “Take It Where You Can” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – January 22, 2020
- I hope his partner isn’t from Atlanta: Ray Lewis is going to be on “Dancing With The Stars”.
- Having braved the DWTS online store, I can assure viewers that while there is a selection of branded housewares available, no knife collections were available.
- From Disney subsidiary ESPN comes news that others competing against Lewis on this season’s “Dancing with the Stars” include former supermodel Christie Brinkley, actor James Van Der Beek (of “Dawson’s Creek” fame) and former White House press secretary Sean Spicer.
- The Miami Dolphins will honor legend Nick Buoniconti during the 2019 season with a special decal on their helmets.
— Miami Dolphins (@MiamiDolphins) August 21, 2019
- “Nab” is also what ICE hopes to do to anyone illegal trying to go watch a Dolphins game.
Finally, you will be pleased to know that the XFL released their team names & logos today:
- It’s nice to see Internet Dad gets another “professional” “football” team.
- There is an attempt to have backstories for each team name, lovingly mocked by the folks over at SBNation.
- Never forget that the 2001-version of the XFL consisted of the Birmingham Thunderbolts, Chicago Enforcers, New York/New Jersey Hitmen, Orlando Rage, Las Vegas Outlaws, Los Angeles Xtreme, Memphis Maniax, and San Francisco Demons.
- XFL commissioner Oliver Luck (Hodor’s Dad) announced last fall, however, that the new XFL had no plans to resurrect its’ original team names and identities.
- Oh, and for those who get the reference,
- Cleveland at NY Mets – 7:00PM | Sportsnet1
- Yankees at Athletics – 10:00PM | ESPN / TSN
- Jays at Dodgers – 10:00PM | Sportsnet
- Little League World Series:
- West vs. Southeast – 7:30PM | ESPN, ESPN2
- NYCFC vs. Columbus – 7:00PM | TSN2
That’s it for me. There’s preseason games on every night starting tomorrow, so c’mon by for the live blogs, and I’ll see you next Monday for the start of the Week-4 madness.