- Your “Making Do With What’s Available” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – May 27, 2020
- Your “Faint Lights On The Horizon” Tuesday Evening Open Thread – May 26, 2020
- Your MXC Monday Evening Open Thread – May 25, 2020
- Because he only hit a woman & the pipe, but never took a knee, Aldon Smith is back in the NFL.
- He signed a one-year contract with the Cowboys, for a base salary of $2 million and an additional $2 million in incentives.
- He hasn’t played a full season since 2013 due to substance suspensions, and has been out of the league since his release for domestic violence in 2018.
- “There is beauty in the struggle,” Smith wrote after signing with the Cowboys.
- ESPN notes this is the latest in a series of charming signing by Jerry Jones, who values talent over character.
- In 2014, he traded with Baltimore for linebacker Rolando McClain, who led the team in tackles that season. In 2015, he signed Greg Hardy as a free agent and selected Randy Gregory in the second round of the draft. A decade earlier, he added Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones.
- Titans running back Derrick Henry signed his $10.2 million franchise tender.
- They now have until July 15 to work out a long-term deal, or he plays for one year at that price.
- Jadeveon Clowney has apparently lowered his asking price, in hopes of getting signed by anyone, soon.
- He had reportedly wanted $20 million/year, but has now lowered that demand to between $17-18 million.
- The Seahawks & Titans remain the notable named teams still interested in him.
- The NFLPA has responded to Eric Reid’s allegations about the new CBA, claiming his accusation is “completely false”.
- “Yes, the NFLPA fixed a cross-reference in the final version of the new CBA,” states the NFLPA’s response, which was sent to its executive council and board of player representatives on Tuesday and to all players Wednesday. “No, that cross-reference reflects no substantive difference whatsoever from what players were told about the proposed CBA and what the players voted to approve.”
Today’s good internet dog is this unknown Great Dane puppy taking charge when its owner just wants to TikTok her shoes.
Dogs tired of y’all being home all the time now lmao pic.twitter.com/IV5mQ6SXEe
— Lance 🇱🇨 (@Kinglrg_) April 2, 2020
She’s lucky he didn’t try to mount her.
Tonight’s … entertainment?:
- Classic Boxing – 9:00 PM | ESPNCLS
- From 1973: Muhammad Ali vs. Ken Norton in their second heavyweight fight.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine – 8:30 PM | NBC / City
- Jake and his father deal with unsettled family business. Amy and Rosa work a high-profile case. Terry wants to join the NYPD band.
- Top Chef – 10:00 PM | BRAVO / Food Network Canada
- Comedic superstars Ali Wong and Randall Park swing by the Top Chef kitchen for a Quickfire Challenge tasking the chefs to make the wackiest fried rice they can.
- Then, the chefs head to the famed Getty Museum to seek inspiration from one of four historical art movements to create a masterpiece on their plate.
Seamus has you tomorrow, and I’ll have my usual pre-taped goodness on the weekend. Ta-Ta.